The Great Barrington Land Conservancy (GBLC) is launching our first annual free photo contest. Anyone can submit up to ten photos of Great Barrington landscapes (or closeups!), in any season, by July 30, 2017 including photos taken before now. Submissions after that date will be considered as part of next year's contest.
Some of the photos will appear on the new Great Barrington Land Conservancy website, and the winning photos will appear on cards and other items Great Barrington Land Conservancy will sell as a fundraiser. Whenever we display or print we will identify the photographers and where they took their photos.
- With your photo(s), include your name, address, phone number, email address, and a photo caption that identifies the location where the photo was taken. The caption may also include other interesting information about the photo.
- All photos must be in digital format. They need not be taken with a digital camera; scans of negatives, transparencies, or photographic prints are acceptable. Photos can be in color or black and white, and must be original, not published elsewhere.
- All digital files must be between 900 kilobytes and 10 megabytes, must be in JPEG or JPG format, and must be at least 1,600 pixels wide (if a horizontal image) or 1,600 pixels tall (if a vertical image). (HINT: if you submit photos from your smart phone, upload the original file, not a compressed version.)
- Photos cannot have been published elsewhere.
- Photos must be original material taken by the contestant.
- Watermarks are not acceptable.
- By submitting a photo, you authorize GBLC to reproduce, distribute, display, and create works including the photo in any medium, without GLBC paying any amount to you.
Photos must be of scenes in Great Barrington. We’re looking for photos taken in all seasons. The criteria for judging photos are as follows:
- Iconic Great Barrington locations, including abstract images of those locations
Our contest is in two categories: up to and including age 18, and older than 18. Five winning photos will be selected for each category. People under the age of 18 must have their submission accompanied by a parent's approval.
You may submit up to 10 photos. You may submit them over a period of time, using your choice of the following:
1. Email to: photos@GBland.org
2. Post on our Facebook page
3. Tag us on Instagram @greatbarringtonlandconservancy #GBLCPhotocontest2017